PARKING LOT TIMELINE - REVISED on 11/19/18
The parking lot timeline has been revised. Please make sure that you notify your contractors and guests of these changes. If you move your vehicles back to your buildings or driveways overnight, please be prepared to move them by 7:00am according to the timeline below. We will tow if it becomes necessary.
Monday 11/19 – Continued grading of any remaining areas on the property – All vehicles should remain where they are now. (No parking from the beach to my office or in Buildings 3 & 4 parking lots) If you live in Buildings 3 & 4; please park in Buildings 5 & 6.
Tuesday 11/20 or Wednesday 11/21 (weather dependent) – Paving from the Restaurant to Building 3 (including Building 3 & 4 parking lot) All vehicles should remain where they are now. (No parking from the beach to my office or in Buildings 3 & 4 parking lots) If you live in Buildings 3 & 4; please park in Buildings 5 & 6.
Monday 11/26 & Tuesday 11/27 – Paving the balance of the property, including all townhouses. All vehicles that are parked outside must be moved to the newly paved areas in front of Building 3 & 4 or from the Office to the Restaurant by 7:00am on Monday morning. It’s preferred that you moved them on Sunday night!
The paving company is constrained by weather. They will most likely lose Tuesday due to rain. There will be no work from Thanksgiving until the following Monday.
I will not be onsite on 11/20; so your cooperation in moving vehicles is essential as no one will be available to move them. I thank you all for your patience during this project.
I hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Winter Closing Procedure
1. Turn off both water valves at the water meter.
2. Turn off circuit breaker for the hot water tank, clothes dryer, and both circuit breakers for the rooftop a/c unit. Leave utility room bi-fold doors open to allow heat to circulate.
3. Put the a/c thermostat control in the “off” position, with the fan switch in the “auto” position. The “heat” setting on this thermostat is not functional.
4. Flush each toilet, holding down the flush valve until no more water will exit.
5. Open each sink and tub faucet to allow any residual water to drain; then close faucets. It is not necessary or recommended that you drain the hot water tank.
6. Pour a few ounces of non-toxic antifreeze (available at any hardware store) into each sink drain, tub drain, toilet bowl and tank, and the floor drain in the utility room. Do not use automotive antifreeze.
7. Unplug the washer, and verify that the washing machine water valve is off. If you turn off your refrigerator, be sure to leave the door ajar.
8. Set master bedroom and living room thermostats at 50 degrees. Open kitchen and bathroom sink cabinets, the utility room folding door, and both bathroom doors. In a 3-bedroom unit, include the thermostat in the room adjacent to the kitchen. In a 1 or 2-bedroom unit facing the parking lot, leave the master bedroom walk-in closet bi-fold doors (Bldg. 1-2-5-6) or the utility closet (Bldg. 3 & 4) open to allow heat circulation. The kitchen baseboard heater, as well as both bathroom heaters can be left off. Use of the thermostat in the guest bedroom is optional, but the room door must be closed if the thermostat is left off.
9. The thermostat that operates your air-conditioning does not operate heat and should be left in the “off” position.
Remove everything from your balcony deck. Close living room window storm panels (if applicable).
Install “Mr. Thirsty” devices in the inside tracks of all sliding doors and on inside threshold of hinged deck door (2nd, 3rd, 4th floor Units only).
Leave a set of keys in the office or on your kitchen counter for any Vehicle stored in the underground parking garage.
1. Turn off both water valves at the water meter in the basement.
2. Open outdoor hose connections (front & rear) to drain water. Disconnect any hoses and close outdoor valves.
3. Flush toilets and hold down flush valve until no more water will exit.
4. Open each sink and tub faucet to allow any residual water to drain; then close faucets.
5. Pour a few ounces of non-toxic antifreeze (available at any hardware store) into each sink drain, tub drain, and toilet bowl and tank. Do not use automotive antifreeze.
6. Turn off circuit breaker for the dryer, unplug the washer and verify that the washing machine water valve is off. If you turn off your refrigerator, be sure to leave the door ajar.
7. Set your thermostat at 50 degrees, with the control switch on “heat” and the fan switch on “auto”.
8. Open kitchen and bathroom sink cabinet doors to allow heat circulation.
9. Store trash containers in garage.
UPDATED WORK RULES
The Board of Trustees has voted to allow noise free light work in season on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Additionally, the Board has voted to allow contractors to provide bids on weekend in the off- season only. This is a change of policy.
NO WORK WILL BE PERMITTED ANY FRIDAY, SATURDAY OR SUNDAY IN SEASON.
There is never any work allowed on any weekend, year round.
The Completed Fish Shack
Sun, Sand & Sea
This is the Aquaculture operation inside the Fish Shack!
We are starting the parking lot paving project tomorrow. The work done this week will be preliminary and will entail raising of all the septic covers and back filling to level the grade. Please DO NOT PARK on or near any septic/manhole covers. This will not affect your navigation of the property.
Starting on Monday, November 5th, your ability to move around the property will be limited. If you have a vehicle parked anywhere other than inside your garage, you must be prepared to move it in a moment’s notice. We cannot delay the progress of the work. If you’re going to be away from your unit and have a car outside, please leave car keys on your kitchen counter, tagged with your unit number, make and model. Any vehicle left outside without management access, will be towed. Owners will always have access to their buildings by foot and their garages at night. Be aware that if the machine is pulverizing when your attempting to leave or enter during daylight hours; you may have to wait for a few minutes. Our paving contractor will do everything they can to accommodate you.
Contractors WILL NOT be allowed to enter the property with vehicles during the pulverization and paving work, for any reason. (See timeline below) They may continue to work in your unit by walking in from Belmont Road. Please let them know!. They may make arrangements to park across the street or in the public lot next to the Ebb Tide Restaurant. If you own a townhouse and are having work done, they may park along Belmont Road or Gordon Ritchie Roads at their own risk, as long as they don’t interfere with traffic flow. They MAY NOT park on the grass as the lawn is full of irrigation and vehicle weight will damage the lines.
The work will be split in two sections. Section 1 will be from the Restaurant to the first entrance to Building 3 from Belmont Road; including town homes 1 through 4. Section 2 will be the first entrance to Building 3 from Belmont Road (including the parking lot) all the way to the far end of the property. Townhomes 5 to 32 are included in Section 2.
Timeline: November 1st & 2nd – Raising and leveling of all septic covers. Please do not park near any manhole or septic cover.
November 5 & 6 - All berms will be removed from the property.
November 7th - Pulverize Section 1. All outside vehicles in Section 1 need to be moved to Section by 8:00am – NO CONTRACTORS ALLOWED; Emergency Vehicles Only!
November 8th – Pulverize Section 2. All outside vehicles need to be moved to Section 1 by 8:00am - NO CONTRACTORS ALLOWED; Emergency Vehicles Only!
November 11th & 12th – Excavation for subterranean irrigation lines Section One. No need to move vehicles but owners must be available to move them immediately, if needed. Contractors must be available to move vehicle immediately
November 13th , 14th, 15th and 16th – Grading Entire Lot – All vehicles remain where they are but owners must be available to move them immediately, if needed. Contractors must be available to move vehicle immediately.
November 19th – Paving Section 1 – All outside vehicles to Section 2 by 8:00am - NO CONTRACTORS ALLOWED; Emergency Vehicles Only!
November 20th – Paving Section 2 – All outside vehicles to Section 1 by 8:00am. - NO CONTRACTORS ALLOWED; Emergency Vehicles Only!
November 21st – Finish work.
(All timelines may need to be adjusted in the event of inclement weather. You’ll be notified as soon as possible of changes)
Contractors may return to the property with no restrictions from Monday to Friday starting November 23rd
I understand that this is an inconvenience but it’s necessary. The only area not getting pulverized during this phase will be the pavement at the front gate. This will allow us to maintain a secured entrance through the winter months. This will be a dirty job; so please plan on dust becoming airhorn and covering cars and balconies. This dust will all settle and be washed away with the first substantial rain. This process will repeat in late march or early April to a lesser degree.
Thanks for your cooperation!